- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- one vine-ripened tomato, sliced into large chunks
- 1 tbsp.balsamic vinegar (the best you can find!)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (the best..)
- salt and pepper
- two pinches of Italian seasoning (herbs, no salt)
- approx 2 c. romaine lettuce (or mixed greens, incl spinach)
- one green onion, chopped
- one large white mushroom, sliced, optional
- Gently combine chopped tom's with s&p, seasonings, vinegar and oil.
- Set aside
- Slice lettuce in thin strips and pile high on a large serving plate
- Top with tom's placed in a line over top of the greens, beginning and ending on the plate
- Centre with the green onion and scatter with mushrm's, if using
- Add more dressing, if desired.
Notes(Hint--if having focaccia, the left-over dressing makes a great dipping sauce!)
I usually serve this as a first course all by itself; it is a beauty to look at and wonderful to savour.