- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium head of cabbage shredded
- 2 medium cucumbers sliced thin
- 2 carrots sliced thin
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 large onion sliced thin
- 1/2 of a green pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 of a red pepper sliced thin
- Mix veggies together
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of vinegar
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp of salt or more to taste
- Mix dressing till sugar dissolves. Pour over veggies and let set for several hours or overnight stirring often.
- This looks like a lot when you first cut it all, but it settles and will get smaller as it marinates.
NotesWe met some wonderful people on our honeymoon cruise. When we got back they invited us to dinner and she fixed this as our salad. Its very good.
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More