- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWe met some wonderful people on our honeymoon cruise. When we got back they invited us to dinner and she fixed this as our salad. Its very good.
- 1 medium head of cabbage shredded
- 2 medium cucumbers sliced thin
- 2 carrots sliced thin
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 large onion sliced thin
- 1/2 of a green pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 of a red pepper sliced thin
- Mix veggies together
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of vinegar
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp of salt or more to taste
- Mix dressing till sugar dissolves. Pour over veggies and let set for several hours or overnight stirring often.
- This looks like a lot when you first cut it all, but it settles and will get smaller as it marinates.
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More