MARINATED VEGETABLE SALAD
- 1 medium head of cabbage shredded
- 2 medium cucumbers sliced thin
- 2 carrots sliced thin
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 large onion sliced thin
- 1/2 of a green pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 of a red pepper sliced thin
- Mix veggies together
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of vinegar
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp of salt or more to taste
Mix dressing till sugar dissolves. Pour over veggies and let set for several hours or overnight stirring often.
This looks like a lot when you first cut it all, but it settles and will get smaller as it marinates.
We met some wonderful people on our honeymoon cruise. When we got back they invited us to dinner and she fixed this as our salad. Its very good.
No Reviews at this time.