- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 venison chops or steaks, 3/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- Place chops in shallow dish.
- Combine wine vinegar, oil, catsup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, dry mustard, pepper, and garlic; pour over chops.
- Cover and chill several hours, turning meat occasionally.
- Drain meat, reserving marinade.
- For medium-rare meat, broil chops 3 inches from heat, about 6 minutes, basting with marinade occasionally; season with a little salt and pepper.
- Turn; broil 6 more minutes, continuing to baste occasionally. Increase timing 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium and well-done meat.
NotesThis is also good cooked out on the grill.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More