- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 30-40
- 250g (8.82 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- for the marinade
- 50ml (1.69 fluid ounces) olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 bay leaf, torn up
- 1 red chilli, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- generous pinch of salt (I used Maldon)
- generous grind of black pepper
- for the whipped herbed-ricotta
- 100g (3.53 ounces) ricotta
- 2 tbsp (30ml (1.01 fluid ounces)) cream
- 3 tbsp mixed herbs, finely chopped (I used parsley, mint, sage and thyme)
- salt to taste
- to serve
- grilled/toasted sourdough bread
- To blanch the cherry tomatoes, score the bottom of each with a sharp knife. Take care not to cut to deep as you don’t want to expose the seeds.
- Drop the tomatoes into a pot of boiling water and allow to boil for 30 seconds before lifting them out and placing them into a bowl filled with ice water.
- The skins will immediately start to loosen by themselves. Carefully peel the skin off (and discard) and place the tomatoes in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, measuring jug, mix together all the marinade ingredients. Pour over the cherry tomatoes and allow to marinate for at least 20 minutes. At this stage you can also place the tomatoes in a sterilised jar and keep it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- To make the whipped herbed-ricotta, place all the ingredients in a bowl and beat with a whisk/electric mixer until well combined and airy.
- To serve, spread the whipped herbed-ricotta onto the grilled/toasted sourdough and top with a few of the marinated cherry tomatoes.
- Serve immediately.
NotesI saw someone doing marinated tomatoes on tv not so long ago and for the life of me, I can’t remember who it was. I can’t even remember on which channel it was which makes me feel horrible as I can’t give credit where credit is due. I am however very thankful to that person for exposing me to the wonder that is a marinated tomato.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More