- Cooking Time: 30 to 40 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. canola oil
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 T. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Tsp. fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. finely grated lemon rind
- 3/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 4 (14 ounce) bone-in chicken breasts, cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey mustard
- Combine garlic, oil, sugar, rosemary, thyme, lemon rind, 1/4 tsp. of pepper and 1/2 tsp. salt in a large bowl: add chicken and toss until chicken is well coated: cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Place chicken on a large rimmed baking sheet or grill rack. Broil or grill 16 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, honey mustard, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper in a medium bowl; whisk.
- Baste chicken and lemon juice mixture.
- Broil 8 more minutes, turning and basting twice, until instant read meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast registers 165F.
NotesI love to keep recipes cut out of magazines or newspaper and then sometime later will get around to making them. This is one of those recipes