MARINATED LEMON CHICKEN BREASTS
- Cooking Time: 30 to 40 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. canola oil
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 T. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Tsp. fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. finely grated lemon rind
- 3/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 4 (14 ounce) bone-in chicken breasts, cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey mustard
Combine garlic, oil, sugar, rosemary, thyme, lemon rind, 1/4 tsp. of pepper and 1/2 tsp. salt in a large bowl: add chicken and toss until chicken is well coated: cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
Preheat broiler or grill.
Place chicken on a large rimmed baking sheet or grill rack. Broil or grill 16 minutes, turning once.
Meanwhile, combine lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, honey mustard, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper in a medium bowl; whisk.
Baste chicken and lemon juice mixture.
Broil 8 more minutes, turning and basting twice, until instant read meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast registers 165F.