- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 18 tablespoons butter
- 4 (24 ounce) sourdough breads,sliced in 1/2 inch slices
- 3 (32 ounce) jars orange marmelade
- 15 cups low fat (2%) milk
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 36 eggs, lightly beaten
- butter flavored cooking spray
- Spread butter on one side of each bread slice. Arrange 16 bread slices, buttered side down, slightly overlapping in a single layer in a 19 x 12 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread marmalade evenly over bread, top with remaining bread slices, buttered side up.
- Repeat the above process using 3 other baking pans.
- In a large stainless steel bowl combine milk and next 4 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Pour egg mixture evenly over each prepared bread. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Bake at 350ºF for 45 minutes or until golden. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with coconut syrup.
NotesIf you want something fruity and sweet for breakfast we can highly recommend this casserole.