- Cooking Time: 80 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (10 oz.) can Ro-Tel tomatoes, chopped
- 1 c. water
- chili powder
- pinch of oregano
- 2 (16 oz.) cans beans, lightly drained
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients, except beans.
- When you add the spices, make sure they're to your taste.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in beans; continue cooking (covered) for 45 minutes.
- Serve with grated Cheddar.
NotesI know that everyone has their own recipe for chili. Well, this is mine. You can always add more heat if that's what you want. Being a native of Mass., I've never been able to get used to the hot and spicy dishes that these Texans like so well. So, I made this to suit my Yankee stomach.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More