- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 21
- Preparation Time:
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup light corn syrup, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, melted
- Red and yellow paste food coloring
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. pan and a 9-in. square pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine gelatin and cold water; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the sugar, hot water and 1/2 cup corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 238 degrees (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining corn syrup.
- Pour into a mixing bowl. Beat on high speed; gradually add gelatin mixture by tablespoonfuls until well blended.
- Continue beating until fluffy and thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla; mix well. Pour into prepared pans. Let stand, uncovered, overnight.
- Cut with a flower-shaped cookie cutter coated with cooking spray.
- Dip flowers in confectioners' sugar, brush off excess.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt candy coating; cool for 5 minutes.
- Divide candy coating in half; tint one portion pink and the other yellow.
- Using an icing knife, cover the flowers with candy coating.
- Place on waxed paper-lined pans.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips in center of flowers; let dry.
NotesOnce these vanilla-flavored puffs pop up in a gift basket or on a serving tray, they're bound to become perennial favorites! Recipe from Country Women Mag. They kept the candy easy, too, by making it with cookie cutters, quick icing and chocolate chips
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More