- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 2 tsp of flavoring of your choice
- 2 tbsp of water
- 2 pounds of icing sugar (approx. 7 cups)
- gel food coloring
- 1 cup or icing sugar mixed with 1 cup of cornstarch
- Grease a large bowl or measuring cup. PLace marshmallows, flavoring and water in greased bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir, if not completely melted microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring inbetween until melted.
- Place the icing sugar into a large mixing bowl. Pour melted marshmallows over sugar and using an electric mixer with the dough hooks, mix on low speed until half of the icing sugar is incorporated. Turn up speed a bit and incorporate as much of the remaing sugar as possible. The mixture will be stiff. Turn out onto a surface dusted with the icing sugar/cornstarch mixture. Knead fondant until it has a smooth texture. If it is sticky knead in more icing sugar. Once the fondant is smooth wrap tightly in plastic wrap and let rest for one hour.
- After one hour you can color your fondant. Using a clean toothpick, add the gel coloring to the fondant. To keep you hand clean wear gloves or grease your hands with shortening. Knead the color into the fondant. It is easier to slpit the fondant into 3 or 4 pieces to do this part and then knead them together once you have acheived the color you want. If at anytime the fondant becomes sticky, dust with the cornstach/icing sugar mixture. If your fondant is very stiff you can microwave it for 10 second shots to soften it for easier kneading. Keep fondant wrapped in plastic. Roll out to desired size for your cake.
- This recipe is a lot of work but so worth it! Not only do you save a lot of money but it tastes wonderful, unlike store bought fondant.
- I am cutting this into strips for the siding on my gingerbread houses this year!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More