- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk sugar, egg whites, 1/3 cup water, light corn syrup, and cream of tartar in large metal bowl to blend.
- Set bowl over saucepan of barely simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch simmering water).
- Using handheld electric mixer, beat on medium speed until mixture resembles soft marshmallow fluff, about 4 minutes.
- Increase mixer speed to high and beat until mixture is very thick, about 3 minutes longer.
- Remove bowl from over simmering water.
- Add vanilla extract and continue beating until marshmallow frosting is completely cool, about 5 minutes longer.
- Put the frosting in a ziploc bag and snip the end to pipe onto the cupcakes. Sprinkle with leftover coconut.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
My Family Cookbook
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More