- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk sugar, egg whites, 1/3 cup water, light corn syrup, and cream of tartar in large metal bowl to blend.
- Set bowl over saucepan of barely simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch simmering water).
- Using handheld electric mixer, beat on medium speed until mixture resembles soft marshmallow fluff, about 4 minutes.
- Increase mixer speed to high and beat until mixture is very thick, about 3 minutes longer.
- Remove bowl from over simmering water.
- Add vanilla extract and continue beating until marshmallow frosting is completely cool, about 5 minutes longer.
- Put the frosting in a ziploc bag and snip the end to pipe onto the cupcakes. Sprinkle with leftover coconut.