- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 6 1/2 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a bowl add sugar and shortening and cream together. Add eggs and vanilla and beat 30 seconds. In a separate bowl, sift the four, cocoa and salt together. Add to the mixture and beat until well combined. Pour the mixture into a greased and floured 9 x 13" pan. Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Spreak the marshmallows on top of the cake and return to oven for 5 more minutes. Remove the pan from oven and cool for a few minutes. Evenly apply the frosting. Allow to stand about 2 hours before cutting.
- Note: If the marshmallows are too hot, the frosting will sink right through. The frosting should be the top layer. It will darken once it hits the heat of the cake.
- To make the frosting: In a bowl beat together the butter, cocoa, powdered sugar and vanilla. Slowly add the milk.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More