- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 6 1/2 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a bowl add sugar and shortening and cream together. Add eggs and vanilla and beat 30 seconds. In a separate bowl, sift the four, cocoa and salt together. Add to the mixture and beat until well combined. Pour the mixture into a greased and floured 9 x 13" pan. Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Spreak the marshmallows on top of the cake and return to oven for 5 more minutes. Remove the pan from oven and cool for a few minutes. Evenly apply the frosting. Allow to stand about 2 hours before cutting.
- Note: If the marshmallows are too hot, the frosting will sink right through. The frosting should be the top layer. It will darken once it hits the heat of the cake.
- To make the frosting: In a bowl beat together the butter, cocoa, powdered sugar and vanilla. Slowly add the milk.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More