- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (16 oz.) white mini marshmallows (use a good quality brand)
- 2-5 tablespoons water
- 2 pounds sifted confectioners' sugar (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla flavor
- 1 teaspoon butter flavor
- Grease the inside of a large microwavable bowl with vegetable shortening (Crisco).
- Place marshmallows, flavorings and 2 tablespoons of water in your greased bowl and into microwave. Microwave 30 seconds; stir. Continue microwaving 30 seconds more; stir again. Continue until melted (about 2 1/2 minutes).
- Place 3/4 of the confectioners´ sugar on top of the melted marshmallow mix. Grease hands and counter GENEROUSLY; turn marshmallow mixture onto counter. Start kneading like you would bread dough. NOTE: Please be careful, this first stage can get hot. Continue kneading, adding additional confectioners' sugar and re-greasing hands and counter when the fondant sticks. If the mix is tearing easily, it is too dry; add water (about 1/2 tablespoon at a time then knead it in). Continue kneading until mixture forms a firm, smooth elastic ball that will stretch without tearing, about 8 minutes.
- YIELD: Makes about 2 pounds fondant.
- Place solid vegetable shortening in easily accessed bowl so you can reach into it with fingers as you are working.
- It´s best to allow Marshmallow Fondant to sit, double wrapped, overnight. Prepare the fondant for storing by coating with solid vegetable shortening, wrap in a plastic wrap and then place in resealable bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible.
- Marshmallow Fondant will hold well in refrigerator for several weeks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More