- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar (for dusting)
- That's all you need!
- Combine gelatin and 1/2 cup cold water in the bowl of an electric mixer with whisk attachment.
- Let it stand 30 minutes.
- Combine granulated sugar, corn syrup, salt and 1/2 cup of water in a small heavy saucepan; place over low heat and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Wash down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush to dissolve sugar crystals.
- Clip on a candy thermometer; raise heat to high.
- Cook syrup without stirring until it reaches 244F (firm-ball stage).
- Immediately remove pan from heat.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly and carefully pour syrup into the softened gelatin.
- Increase speed to high; beat until mixture is very thick and white and has almost tripled in volume, about 15 minutes.
- Add vanilla; beat to incorporate.
- Generously dust an 8x12" glass baking pan with confectioners' sugar.
- Pour marshmallow mixture into pan. Dust with confectioners' sugar; let stand overnight, uncovered, to dry out.
- Recipe makes approximately 40 marshmallows.
- And you're done!
NotesThese are cute when you color them... Try it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More