- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar (for dusting)
- That's all you need!
- Combine gelatin and 1/2 cup cold water in the bowl of an electric mixer with whisk attachment.
- Let it stand 30 minutes.
- Combine granulated sugar, corn syrup, salt and 1/2 cup of water in a small heavy saucepan; place over low heat and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Wash down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush to dissolve sugar crystals.
- Clip on a candy thermometer; raise heat to high.
- Cook syrup without stirring until it reaches 244F (firm-ball stage).
- Immediately remove pan from heat.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly and carefully pour syrup into the softened gelatin.
- Increase speed to high; beat until mixture is very thick and white and has almost tripled in volume, about 15 minutes.
- Add vanilla; beat to incorporate.
- Generously dust an 8x12" glass baking pan with confectioners' sugar.
- Pour marshmallow mixture into pan. Dust with confectioners' sugar; let stand overnight, uncovered, to dry out.
- Recipe makes approximately 40 marshmallows.
- And you're done!
NotesThese are cute when you color them... Try it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More