- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 16 oz white marshmallows
- 2 tb water
- 2 lb (approx. 8 cups) confectioners' or powdered sugar
- Melt marshmallows and water in a double boiler or microwave.
- Heat until melted.
- Place half of the sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the middle.
- Pour melted marshmallow in and mix.
- Add remaining sugar and continue kneading. (add more powdered sugar in tablespoons as you are kneading. Mixture should not be sticky)
- ---grease your hands and the bowl.
- Also, let this stuff rest overnight.
- It will be pretty stiff when you try to knead it again, but it can be microwaved for five to ten seconds (start off with 5) and it will soften right up and be perfect for rolling out and playing with.
- Discard all the crusty residues.
- TO USE
- If fondant is too hard, place about 30 sec. in microwave. Dust work table with cornstarch, and knead for a couple of minutes.
- Then roll as thin as you want with rolling pin dusted in cornstarch. To avoid it from stickin to your work surface, turn rolled dough frequently, and continue dusting with cornstarch until you have reached desired thinnes.
- TO COLOR
- Separate small amounts of fondant & color with paste food colours to the desired tone. Knead until colour is smooth and completely uniform.
- This fondant does not set fast at all. When you have formed your flowers, set them on a curved surface so they don't loose their shape (hang them upside down) It will not be as perfect as Gum Paste, but it will work. Also, start making flowers at least two days in advance to allow them to set.
- add 2oz melted vanilla candy melts
NotesA very tasty alternative to rolled Fondant!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More