- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Makes sixteen 2-inch squares
- * Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- * 2 cups sugar
- * 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- * 4 packages (1/4 ounce each) unflavored gelatin
- * 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- * 2 large egg whites
- * 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1. Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray; line bottom with Reynold's parchment paper.
- Coat the parchment with cooking spray, and set pan aside.
- Put sugar, corn syrup, and 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- Stop stirring; let mixture come to a boil. Raise heat to medium-high; cook until mixture registers 260 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over 3/4 cup water in a heatproof bowl; let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Set the bowl with the gelatin mixture over a pan of simmering water; whisk constantly until gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, and stir in extract; set aside.
- 3. Beat egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until stiff (but not dry) peaks form.
- Whisk gelatin mixture into sugar mixture; with mixer running, gradually add to egg whites.
- Mix on high speed until very thick, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 4. Pour mixture into lined pan.
- Working quickly, drop dots of red food coloring across surface of marshmallow.
- Using a toothpick, swirl food coloring into marshmallow to create a marbleized effect.
- Let marshmallow stand, uncovered, at room temperature until firm, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares.
NotesThese were so fun to make, and delicious in hot cocoa!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More