- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12-24
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar (I like to use vanilla sugar)
- 1 c. (2 sticks) chilled, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 TBSP chilled vodka
- 1/4 to 1/2 c. ice water, less 1 TBSP
- 1. Place the flour, salt, and sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Process for a few seconds to combine.
- 2. Add the butter pieces to the flour mixture and process until the mixture resembles coarse sand, about ten seconds.
- 3. Add the vodka then the water in a slow, steady stream through the feed tube with the machine running, just until the dough holds together. Do not process for more than 30 seconds.
- 4. Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface. Divide into two equal pieces and place on two separate sheets of plastic wrap. Flatten into disks, then wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour before using. Make two 8 to 10-inch single-crust pies pies or one 8 to 10-inch double crust pie.
NotesWith one simple adaptation, Martha Stewart's pate brisee recipe became my go-to pie crust.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce