- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: about 2 hours
- 3 cups nuts (opt.)
- 1 can sweetened condense milk
- 1 stick of butter (1/4 pound)
- 2 pounds of powered sugar
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 package chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons paraffin wax
- *Please see note, below
- Combine the first 5 ingredients and roll in small balls.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
- Put the candy balls on the cookie sheets and cool in refrigerator.
- Melt chips and paraffin, dip cooled balls of mixture in melted chocolate.
- Use a toothpick to hold ball.
- Drain and cool on wax paper.
- Refrigerate and enjoy.
- *Note: I don't use the chocolate chips and paraffin.
- I buy almond bark or the new chocolate disks and use those.
- You can use a milk or dark chocolate.
- It is much easier to use and you don't have to worry about the thickness of the chocolate.
NotesI got this recipe when we lived in TX. It is a close reminder of the Mounds, Almond Joy bar or See's coconut candy, depending on what type of chocolate and nuts you use. I don't put in the nuts at all, because I like Mounds!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More