- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: about 2 hours
- 3 cups nuts (opt.)
- 1 can sweetened condense milk
- 1 stick of butter (1/4 pound)
- 2 pounds of powered sugar
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 package chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons paraffin wax
- *Please see note, below
- Combine the first 5 ingredients and roll in small balls.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
- Put the candy balls on the cookie sheets and cool in refrigerator.
- Melt chips and paraffin, dip cooled balls of mixture in melted chocolate.
- Use a toothpick to hold ball.
- Drain and cool on wax paper.
- Refrigerate and enjoy.
- *Note: I don't use the chocolate chips and paraffin.
- I buy almond bark or the new chocolate disks and use those.
- You can use a milk or dark chocolate.
- It is much easier to use and you don't have to worry about the thickness of the chocolate.
NotesI got this recipe when we lived in TX. It is a close reminder of the Mounds, Almond Joy bar or See's coconut candy, depending on what type of chocolate and nuts you use. I don't put in the nuts at all, because I like Mounds!