- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 4 t. chili powder
- 2 t. olive oil
- 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 t. ground coriander
- 1 t. baking cocoa
- 1 c. fat-free milk
- 1 c. frozen corn, thawed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 c. minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 in.)
- 1/2 c. salsa
- 1/2 c. tomato sauce
- 1/2 c. shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with chili powder. In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until juices run clear. Sprinkle with flour, corinader, and cocoa; stir until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the corn, onions, chilies and salt; cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1/4 c. cilantro.
- Spread 2/3 c. filling down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 9 x 13 baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Combine the salsa, tomato sauce and remaining cilantro; pour over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until heated through.
- This recipe is from Light and Tasty and one enchilada equals 270 calories and 7 g fat. I actually filled eight tortillas with this recipe