- Cooking Time: 40-45 min.
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
- 2 lbs. hamburger meat, lean, cooked and drained
- 1/2 med. onion, chopped
- 1/2 med. green pepper, chopped
- 1 sm. can mushrooms, drained
- 1 cn. tomatoes (basil, garlic and oregano)
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 lg. jar spaghetti sauce (I use prego) (your choice, or can make own)
- 1 (4cp.) bag cheddar, colby, or monterey jack blend cheese
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 box fetticini noodles (cooked and drained) (these flat noodles absorb the sauce and flavors better to me)
- olive oil and small amount of butter
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook and drain meat.
- Cook fetticini noodles to al-dente.
- Saute onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and garlic in olive oil and butter.
- Layer starting with sm. amount of sauce, then noodles, meat, veggies, sauce and cheese, and repeat. (will need large casserole dish thats oven proof.
- Cover with aluminum foil.Set dish on baking pan as not to spill over into oven. (be careful not to fill all the way to top, or cheese will stick to foil.)
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 min.
- Allow to cool down some, and for flavors to meld. Cut and serve with Parmesan cheese on top.
NotesThis is my version of baked spaghetti, and my daughter loves it. We use this recipe alot at my house. Hope you like it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More