- Cooking Time: 25–30
- Servings: 35 slices
- Preparation Time: 150
- 5 lbs flour
- 12 eggs, extra-large
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups sugar, heated
- 1½ cups oil
- 1 tsp vanilla, anise oil or Anisette (anise flavored liqueur)
- 2 envelopes dry yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup milk, lukewarm
- Make a well with 5 pounds of flour.
- Add eggs, milk, sugar, oil, and vanilla/anise oil/Anisette.
- Mix the yeast into the warm milk and let it set until the yeast is activated.
- Add to the mix before adding the flour.
- Knead and let set until dough doubles, knead again and put in individual pans to rise again.
- Be sure to grease and flour pans.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More