- Cooking Time: 25–30
- Servings: 35 slices
- Preparation Time: 150
- 5 lbs flour
- 12 eggs, extra-large
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups sugar, heated
- 1½ cups oil
- 1 tsp vanilla, anise oil or Anisette (anise flavored liqueur)
- 2 envelopes dry yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup milk, lukewarm
- Make a well with 5 pounds of flour.
- Add eggs, milk, sugar, oil, and vanilla/anise oil/Anisette.
- Mix the yeast into the warm milk and let it set until the yeast is activated.
- Add to the mix before adding the flour.
- Knead and let set until dough doubles, knead again and put in individual pans to rise again.
- Be sure to grease and flour pans.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More