- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 50
- Preparation Time:
- 8 large Onions
- 1 head Garlic
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 lb. Butter
- 10 cans Tomato Puree or Tomato Juice
- 6 Bay Leaves
- 4 large Carrots
- 4 large Stalks of Celery
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Salt & Pepper
- Hot Water
- 20 lbs. Hamburger
- Grind onions and garlic and put in Cold Packer or Granite Pot with vegetable oil and butter. Fry but do not let get brown. Add tomato paste, tomato puree or juice, the rest of the ingredients except the hamburger or the Parmesan cheese. Add enough water to fill the pot.
- Cook for 5 hours stirring frequently to keep from sticking.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Brown and season hamburger.
- One hour before serving remove the carrots, celery, and bay leaves and add the browned and seasoned hamburger.
- Boil spaghetti, drain and add sauce.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
NotesMom had told me about this recipe and then wrote it down for me. It makes a lot so if you aren't serving 50 people you can freeze some for future use.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More