MARY TANI'S SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN WINGS
Mary Tani's Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings
- Cooking Time: 30-60
- Servings: ~12
- Preparation Time: 20
- • 2 Cup Sugar
- • 1 1/3 Cup Water
- • 4 Tablespoons Catsup or Chili Sauce
- • 1 1/3 Cup Vinegar
- • ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
- • 2 Corn Starch
- • 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- • 2 ea Eggs, beaten
- • 2 tsp Savory Salt, Seasoned Salt, or salt substitute
- • 2-4 tsp Chili Powder (to taste)
- • 4 Dozen Chicken Wings
- • Cooking Oil
1. Sauce: Mix first five ingredients in a sauce pan and boil 15 minutes, or longer for thicker sauce.
2. Batter: Mix next five ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. Chicken: Disjoint wings. Discard tips, or save for stock pot. (Thin strips of chicken breast may be substituted for wings, if desired.)
4. Cooking: Heat oil in a heavy pan to 375º F. Dip chicken pieces in batter, and fry until browned. Drain on paper towels
5. Dipping: Soak cooked wings in the hot sauce for 1 – 2 minutes and drain back into pot.
6. Serve hot or cold.