- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Marzipan sponge:
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams sugar
- 150 grams plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 grams marzipan, coarsely grated (I use ODENSE Ren Ra Marcipan, 60% almonds)
- 1 tsp pure orange oil or zest of 1 orange
- To moisten:
- 75-100 ml of milk or orange juice
- To decorate:
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To garnish:
- fresh strawberries
- green pistachios
- shredded fresh lemon balm leaves
- Using an electric mixer, whisk eggs with sugar until pale and frothy. Add the sifted flour and baking powder mixture, then fold in the grated marzipan and orange oil/zest. Mix gently until combined, pour into a buttered 24 cm springform tin and bake at 175 Celsius for about 30 minutes, until the cake has risen and turned pale golden.
- Remove from the oven, cool a little, then transfer the cake onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Before serving, moisten the cake with orange juice or milk, cover with whipped cream and garnish with strawberries, pistachios and shredded lemon balm leaves.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More