- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- pre-made marzipan
- red, yellow, green gel food coloring
- vegetable spray
- Break a large chunk of pre-made marzipan off for the orange pumpkins. Break a smaller chunk off for the green stems.
- Color each chunk with gel food coloring. Pumpkin = red & yellow. Stems = green. Knead thoroughly until desired color is reached. The marzipan is tough, but will soften from your hands' natural body heat.
- For pumpkin, tear off a small amount from the orange marzipan and roll in your hands to form a small ball. Place ball on a surface and press your thumb down on top, creating a small indentation. Create the pumpkins natural side creases by using a toothpick. I spray my toothpick with vegetable spray to avoid the sugar sticking to the pick.
- Shape tiny green stems from the green marzipan. This is super easy because stems can really be as misshaped and unique as you like.
- Attach stem to pumpkin. The body heat from your hands should make the stems pliable and sticky enough for this to happen without using an adhesive, such as frosting.
NotesI bought my marzipan pre-made at the grocery store, but you can certainly scour the web for a decent homemade marzipan recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More