- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. almond paste
- 1 lb. 10x sugar
- 3 oz. light corn syrup (or egg whites)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tspn. rum
- Cut up almond paste and place in mixer bowl.
- Mix on low speed w/ paddle attachment to further break-up mixture.
- Switch from paddle to dough hook attachment.
- Add 1/2 of the 10x sugar; continue mixing on low speed while adding vanilla, rum, and corn syrup until dough comes together and sticks to dough hook.
- Remove paste from dough hook.
- Sift remaining sugar onto countertop & knead dough in it until all of the 10x is incorporated /absorbed.
- If dough is still sticky, knead in a little additional 10x as necessary.
- Knead marzipan to a smooth, fine texture.
- Double-wrap in plastic wrap and store in the fridge til ready to use.
- *Recipe may be halved, in which case you may use the paddle attachment for the entire recipe and eliminate use of the dough hook altogether.
NotesFor making all those cute little shaped doo-dads for your fancy cakes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More