- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryFor making all those cute little shaped doo-dads for your fancy cakes.
- 1 lb. almond paste
- 1 lb. 10x sugar
- 3 oz. light corn syrup (or egg whites)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tspn. rum
- Cut up almond paste and place in mixer bowl.
- Mix on low speed w/ paddle attachment to further break-up mixture.
- Switch from paddle to dough hook attachment.
- Add 1/2 of the 10x sugar; continue mixing on low speed while adding vanilla, rum, and corn syrup until dough comes together and sticks to dough hook.
- Remove paste from dough hook.
- Sift remaining sugar onto countertop & knead dough in it until all of the 10x is incorporated /absorbed.
- If dough is still sticky, knead in a little additional 10x as necessary.
- Knead marzipan to a smooth, fine texture.
- Double-wrap in plastic wrap and store in the fridge til ready to use.
- *Recipe may be halved, in which case you may use the paddle attachment for the entire recipe and eliminate use of the dough hook altogether.