- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 ea Egg
- 1 tsp Grated Lemon Peel
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Almonds, toasted lightly and ground to small pieces
- 1 pound Mascarpone Cheese, room temperature
- 1 pound Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups Sugar
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 ea Eggs, room temperature
- 1 quart Strawberries, hulled and quartered
- ½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Sugar
- Prepare the Crust: Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray the Baker’s Edge with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Whisk the oil, honey, sugar, egg, lemon peel
- and vanilla extract in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir in the flour mixture and then nuts just until combined. Pour the batter into the bottom of the pan and spread evenly. *Tip – In order to keep your batter from sticking to your rubber spatula when spreading it in the pan, spray it first with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake the crust 20 minutes and then cool.
- Prepare the Filling: Decrease the oven to 325ºF. In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the mascarpone cheese, cream
- cheese, and sugar until smooth. Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating just until blended. Scrape the bowl between each addition of an egg.
- Pour mixture over the cooled crust and bake about 45 minutes or until the filling moves slightly when the pan is shaken.
- Cool the cheesecake to room temperature and then refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- Prepare the Garnish and Serve: Combine the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, and sugar and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to service. Serve with the cooled cheesecake.
- For elegant plating, remove a square serving and slice in half to create 2 small wedges (see the photo).
NotesThis recipe was written for use with an Edge Brownie Pan or a standard 9" x 13" baking pan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Food Travels Through Italy
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More