- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Mascarpone Creams
- 4 oz amaretto cookies crushed
- 4 Tbsp amaretto or maraschino
- 4 eggs separated
- Generous ¼ cup superfine sugar
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- Toasted slivered almonds to decorate
- Place the cookie crumbs in a bowl, add the amaretto or Maraschino, and set aside to soak.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks with superfine sugar until pale and thick. Fold in the mascarpone and soaked cookie crumbs.
- Whisk the egg white in a separate, spotlessly clean bowl until stiff, then gently fold into the cheese mixture.
- Divide the mascarpone cream among serving dishes and let chill for 1-2 hours. Sprinkle with toasted slivered almonds just before serving.
NotesI found this in an Italian cookbook I picked up at a discounted book store. I made this for my daughter and her husband after Christmas and it is really delicious. Make sure you use pasterized eggs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More