- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Mascarpone Creams
- 4 oz amaretto cookies crushed
- 4 Tbsp amaretto or maraschino
- 4 eggs separated
- Generous ¼ cup superfine sugar
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- Toasted slivered almonds to decorate
- Place the cookie crumbs in a bowl, add the amaretto or Maraschino, and set aside to soak.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks with superfine sugar until pale and thick. Fold in the mascarpone and soaked cookie crumbs.
- Whisk the egg white in a separate, spotlessly clean bowl until stiff, then gently fold into the cheese mixture.
- Divide the mascarpone cream among serving dishes and let chill for 1-2 hours. Sprinkle with toasted slivered almonds just before serving.
NotesI found this in an Italian cookbook I picked up at a discounted book store. I made this for my daughter and her husband after Christmas and it is really delicious. Make sure you use pasterized eggs.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Katherine's Lemon Meringue Pie: Desperate Housewives
Kung Pao Chicken
TACO BAKESee More