- Cooking Time: 35 to 53 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 4 Cups frozen hash browns
- 1 (7.6-ounce) package butter and Herb mashed potato mix. ( I used two 4 oz. Idahoan Butter & Herb.)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups prepared french-fred onion rings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a pot of water to boiling, and add the hash browns. Cook for five minutes and drain. In a large bowl, mix together the cooked hash browns, mashed potato mix, butter, cream cheese, jack cheese, sour cream, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Stir in the boiling water. Place in a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle the onion rings over the casserole and bake for about 5 to 8 minutes longer until onions are golden brown.
NotesI found this on Food network.com, and tried it for the first time recently.
It is the best potato recipie that I have tried.
It's good for Holiday meals, and can be made ahead of time.
This recipie is courtesy of Paula Deen