- Cooking Time: 35 to 53 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 4 Cups frozen hash browns
- 1 (7.6-ounce) package butter and Herb mashed potato mix. ( I used two 4 oz. Idahoan Butter & Herb.)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups prepared french-fred onion rings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a pot of water to boiling, and add the hash browns. Cook for five minutes and drain. In a large bowl, mix together the cooked hash browns, mashed potato mix, butter, cream cheese, jack cheese, sour cream, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Stir in the boiling water. Place in a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle the onion rings over the casserole and bake for about 5 to 8 minutes longer until onions are golden brown.
NotesI found this on Food network.com, and tried it for the first time recently.
It is the best potato recipie that I have tried.
It's good for Holiday meals, and can be made ahead of time.
This recipie is courtesy of Paula Deen
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More