- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- One-half cup of leftover mashed potatoes (not instant)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 28 ounces powdered sugar (1.75 sixteen-ounce boxes)
- Smooth peanut butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine the leftover mashed potatoes, the vanilla and one cup of powdered sugar. Set the remaining powdered sugar (about 20 ounces) aside.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture becomes a thin syrup. Continue adding powdered sugar into the mix, while stirring thoroughly. As the remaining sugar is added, the mixture will become very stiff and difficult to stir.
- Remove mixture from bowl and place on a sheet of waxed paper that is coated with powdered sugar. Dust a rolling pin with powdered sugar and roll out the mixture like a pizza crust (about 18 inches in diameter).
- Using a spatula, spread a generous amount of peanut butter on the mashed potato candy and curl it up tightly, like a jellyroll. Wrap candy in waxed paper, and refrigerate for three or four hours. Cut into half-inch slices and serve.
NotesThe other day my office assistant said she wanted to find a recipe for Mashed Potato Candy. I never knew you could make so many desserts from mashed potatoes until I started searching the net for ideas. Here are just a few that I found!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More