- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- One-half cup of leftover mashed potatoes (not instant)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 28 ounces powdered sugar (1.75 sixteen-ounce boxes)
- Smooth peanut butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine the leftover mashed potatoes, the vanilla and one cup of powdered sugar. Set the remaining powdered sugar (about 20 ounces) aside.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture becomes a thin syrup. Continue adding powdered sugar into the mix, while stirring thoroughly. As the remaining sugar is added, the mixture will become very stiff and difficult to stir.
- Remove mixture from bowl and place on a sheet of waxed paper that is coated with powdered sugar. Dust a rolling pin with powdered sugar and roll out the mixture like a pizza crust (about 18 inches in diameter).
- Using a spatula, spread a generous amount of peanut butter on the mashed potato candy and curl it up tightly, like a jellyroll. Wrap candy in waxed paper, and refrigerate for three or four hours. Cut into half-inch slices and serve.
NotesThe other day my office assistant said she wanted to find a recipe for Mashed Potato Candy. I never knew you could make so many desserts from mashed potatoes until I started searching the net for ideas. Here are just a few that I found!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
The Blue Family Favorites<3See More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More