Mashed Potato Spinach Casserole
4 large potatoes
1/3-1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 dash pepper
2-4 tablespoons butter (optional)
1 cup cooked frozen spinach, well drained and chopped (I just use frozen, thawed and pressed dry)
1/2-1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon dill seeds (optional)
2 teaspoons chives (optional)
1. Peel, cook and mash potatoes.
2. Add sour cream, salt, pepper (and butter if desired).
3. Mix in enough milk to bring it to your favorite mashed potato consistency.
4. Add spinach (and seasonings if desired).
5. Place in casserole dish and top with grated cheddar cheese. (sometimes I also mix a bit of the cheese in with the potatoes before topping).
6. Bake in 350 oven for 20-30 minutes.