- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 12
BackstoryAll you need to turn those plain old mashed potatoes into Mashed Potatoes Ole is a little creative flair and a lot of French's® Cheddar French Fried Onions.
- 1 box (7.2 oz.) BETTY CROCKER® roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups FRENCH'S® Cheddar French Fried Onions
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup OLD EL PASO® salsa (any variety)
- 3 tbsp. sliced ripe olives or chopped green chilies, if desired
- Heat oven to 425°F. Make potatoes as directed on package for 2 pouches (8 servings). Stir in 3/4 cup French Fried Onions.
- Spread mixture in ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with cheese. Spread with salsa and top with olives and remaining onions.
- Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are golden. Serve with sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.