- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- cold mashed potatoes
- half cupful of milk
- a pinch of salt
- tablespoonful of butter
- two tablespoonfuls of flour
- two eggs beaten to a froth
- This is from the White House Cook Book circa 1887. I tried it last night and it's very filling and goooooooood. i can also see this as a breakfast dish with sausage on the weekend.
- MASHED POTATOES. (Warmed Over.)
- To two cupfuls of cold mashed potatoes add a half cupful of milk, a pinch of salt, a tablespoonful of butter, two tablespoonfuls of flour and two eggs beaten to a froth.
- Mix the whole until thoroughly light; then put into a pudding or vegetable dish, spread a little butter over the top and bake a golden brown.
- The quality depends upon very thoroughly beating the eggs before adding them, so that the potato will remain light and porous after baking, similar to sponge cake.
- I baked this at 350 and it took about an hour but I had it in a bowl with about a 4 to 5" diameter. Next time I'm going to use a bigger bowl which should cut down on the baking time.
NotesThis is from the White House Cook Book circa 1887. I tried it last night and it's very filling and goooooooood. i can also see this as a breakfast dish with sausage on the weekend.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More