- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- cold mashed potatoes
- half cupful of milk
- a pinch of salt
- tablespoonful of butter
- two tablespoonfuls of flour
- two eggs beaten to a froth
- This is from the White House Cook Book circa 1887. I tried it last night and it's very filling and goooooooood. i can also see this as a breakfast dish with sausage on the weekend.
- MASHED POTATOES. (Warmed Over.)
- To two cupfuls of cold mashed potatoes add a half cupful of milk, a pinch of salt, a tablespoonful of butter, two tablespoonfuls of flour and two eggs beaten to a froth.
- Mix the whole until thoroughly light; then put into a pudding or vegetable dish, spread a little butter over the top and bake a golden brown.
- The quality depends upon very thoroughly beating the eggs before adding them, so that the potato will remain light and porous after baking, similar to sponge cake.
- I baked this at 350 and it took about an hour but I had it in a bowl with about a 4 to 5" diameter. Next time I'm going to use a bigger bowl which should cut down on the baking time.
NotesThis is from the White House Cook Book circa 1887. I tried it last night and it's very filling and goooooooood. i can also see this as a breakfast dish with sausage on the weekend.