- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 12 ounces
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 large sweet potatoes (or yams)
- 1/4-/2 cup breastmilk (or formula)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap the washed sweet potatoes in tin foil. Poke hole sin the tin foil. Roast for about 45 minutes, until they are tender to the touch. Allow to cool, just until they are cool enough to handle. Remove the tin foil and peel the skin off.
- *Peeling the skin is really easy to do once they are roasted. It easily peels off.
- Put the sweet potato flesh and breastmilk (starting with 1/4 cup) into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Add more milk if you want it thinner.
- Sweet Potato and Banana Sauce: combine 1 ounce sweet potatoes with 1 ounce pureed bananas.
- Sweet Potato Spinach Mash: combine 1 ounce sweet potato with 1 ounce spinach
- Sweet Potato Crumble: 1 ounce sweet potato, 1 ounce oatmeal, 1 ounce pears (pictured)
NotesI don’t remember ever eating sweet potatoes as a kid. I’m sure I did, but I have no recollection. Our holiday tables were always littered with white mashed potatoes that I would happily gobble down with a huge scoop of chunky cranberry sauce plopped down right in the middle. As my tastebuds have matured I’ve become more interested in sweet potatoes. And that’s the understatement of the year. By interested I mean obsessed. I even started eating raw chunks of sweet potatoes one day. Not my most ‘shining’ moment. But it happened.
The texture and taste of basic, simple mashed sweet potatoes is something I imagined Cheeks would love. And she does. Moans, groans, eyes rolling backin her head, the whole 9 yards. She loves this stuff