- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 or 2 pounds of any type of yellow squash, skinned, seeded, and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium potato, cut up, peeled if desired (but the peel has most of the nutrition and actually has a good flavor to add)
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan-reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup milk, or to taste
- Garlic salt to taste
- Boil the squash and potato until soft.
- Add cheese, then milk, stir well.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
NotesI've asked my friend Lisa to send me some of her recipes, since I want to learn to cook. I also got her to join Bakespace, but I doubt she is ever going to be very active. So I decided to post her recipe instead of waiting for her to do it.
This dish is a good replacement for mashed potatoes, in my opinion. The parmesan cheese is a wonderful added flavor! I added garlic salt to her original recipe, because, well, I love garlic.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More