- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lb red garnet or dark-orange sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 c butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans, toasted, if desired
- Heat oven to 350. Pierce potatoes with fork. Place potatoes in 9-inch square pan. Cover; bake about 1 hour 25 minutesor until potatoes are tender when pierced with fork.
- Let potatoes stand about 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle; slip off skins and discard.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat maple syrup and butter to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Add potatoes to saucepan, mash potatoes with syrup mixture, using eletric mixer on medium speed, until light and fluffy. Stir in salt and nutmeg. Sprinkle with pecans.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Sharing Christmas with Friends
My Family CookbookSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More