- Cooking Time: 17 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes plus rise
BackstoryI make these every holiday. They are always a hit. I got the recipe from an old cookbook I got at a yard sale.
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (not instant)
- 2 sticks margarine (or butter)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 7 cups flour (not sifted)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- Mixed in 3 packages of yeast (fresh)
- Mix top ingredients, then alternating yeast and water. Mix well. Put in a greased bowl cover with a damp cloth. When it doubles in size...punch it down ...pinch off tablespoons full and put on greased cooking sheet. Bake 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes. Let cool a litttle. This batter can be frozen at the stage of putting it in the bowl with cover...then thawed and let rise and follow the same cooking instructions.