- Cooking Time: 17 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes plus rise
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (not instant)
- 2 sticks margarine (or butter)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 7 cups flour (not sifted)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- Mixed in 3 packages of yeast (fresh)
- Mix top ingredients, then alternating yeast and water. Mix well. Put in a greased bowl cover with a damp cloth. When it doubles in size...punch it down ...pinch off tablespoons full and put on greased cooking sheet. Bake 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes. Let cool a litttle. This batter can be frozen at the stage of putting it in the bowl with cover...then thawed and let rise and follow the same cooking instructions.
NotesI make these every holiday. They are always a hit. I got the recipe from an old cookbook I got at a yard sale.