- Cooking Time: depends
- Servings: depends
- Preparation Time: depends
- depends on recipe but most likely youll need
- 2 pounds of potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1. Classic
- Cover 2 pounds whole russet or Yukon gold potatoes with cold salted water; simmer 45 minutes. Drain, peel and mash with 1/2 to 1 stick butter. Add 1 cup hot milk, and salt and pepper; mash until smooth and fluffy.
- 2. Chunky Red
- Cover 2 pounds whole red potatoes with cold salted water; simmer 40 minutes. Drain; do not peel. Smash with 1/2 to 1 stick butter, 3/4 cup hot milk, and salt and pepper.
- 11. Bacon
- Cook 1/2 pound chopped bacon until crisp. Make Classic Mash (No. 1); replace half of the butter with 2 to 4 tablespoons bacon drippings. Fold in some bacon; sprinkle the rest on top.
- 12. Bacon-Cheddar
- Make Bacon Mash (No. 11). Add 1/2 pound grated sharp cheddar and 1/4 cup each minced parsley and scallions.
- 13. Pancetta-Rosemary
- Cook 1/4 pound diced pancetta in olive oil with 1/4 teaspoon chopped rosemary and 2 smashed garlic cloves; drain and spoon over Classic Mash (No. 1) or Chunky Red Mash (No. 2).
- 15. Smoky
- Make Classic Mash (No. 1); mix in 1/2 pound grated smoked gouda and 1/4 cup sliced scallions.
- 17. Crispy Garlic
- Fry 8 thinly sliced garlic cloves in 3 tablespoons olive oil until crisp; drain. Drizzle the oil into Classic Mash (No. 1) or Mediterranean Mash (No. 16); top with the fried garlic.
- 18. Golden Saffron
- Make Classic Mash (No. 1); add a pinch of saffron to the milk as it heats and steep 10 minutes. Garnish with smoked paprika.
- 22. Italian Cheese
- Make Classic Mash (No. 1); salt lightly. Add 1/2 cup each grated Parmesan and Romano cheese.
- 24. Chorizo
- Fry 1/2 pound crumbled chorizo until crisp; stir in 2 tablespoons paprika. Spoon, with drippings, over Classic Mash (No. 1); top with scallions.
- 29. Broccoli-Cheddar
- Boil 1 bunch broccoli florets until tender; drain. Add to Classic Mash (No. 1) with 1/2 pound grated cheddar.
- 30. Rosemary-Lemon
- Make Italian Cheese Mash (No. 22); top with 2 teaspoons minced rosemary mixed with the grated zest of 1 lemon.
- 31. Roasted Tomato
- Toss 1 pint grape tomatoes with olive oil and salt on a baking sheet; roast 20 to 30 minutes at 450 degrees, turning. Add to Classic Mash (No. 1).
- 32. Italian Sausage
- Saute 1/2 pound crumbled sweet Italian sausage until crisp. Make Classic Mash (No. 1). Stir in 1 cup Parmesan; top with the sausage.
- 36. Crispy Shallot
- Slowly cook 8 thinly sliced shallots in 3 tablespoons olive oil until crisp and golden; drain. Sprinkle over Classic Mash (No. 1) or Italian Cheese Mash (No. 22).
- 42. Sweet Potato
- Roast 2 pounds sweet potatoes at 400 degrees until tender, 1 hour. Halve, then scoop out flesh. Puree with 4 tablespoons butter; add salt.
- 45. Prosciutto
- Cook 1/2 cup diced prosciutto in olive oil until crisp, 6 minutes. Spoon over Sweet Potato Mash (No. 42).
Notesthese are the ones i like but there are many more on the website
Babette's Test Kitchen
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More