- Cooking Time: depends
- Servings: depends
- Preparation Time: depends
- depends on recipe but most likely youll need
- 2 pounds of potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1. Classic
- Cover 2 pounds whole russet or Yukon gold potatoes with cold salted water; simmer 45 minutes. Drain, peel and mash with 1/2 to 1 stick butter. Add 1 cup hot milk, and salt and pepper; mash until smooth and fluffy.
- 2. Chunky Red
- Cover 2 pounds whole red potatoes with cold salted water; simmer 40 minutes. Drain; do not peel. Smash with 1/2 to 1 stick butter, 3/4 cup hot milk, and salt and pepper.
- 11. Bacon
- Cook 1/2 pound chopped bacon until crisp. Make Classic Mash (No. 1); replace half of the butter with 2 to 4 tablespoons bacon drippings. Fold in some bacon; sprinkle the rest on top.
- 12. Bacon-Cheddar
- Make Bacon Mash (No. 11). Add 1/2 pound grated sharp cheddar and 1/4 cup each minced parsley and scallions.
- 13. Pancetta-Rosemary
- Cook 1/4 pound diced pancetta in olive oil with 1/4 teaspoon chopped rosemary and 2 smashed garlic cloves; drain and spoon over Classic Mash (No. 1) or Chunky Red Mash (No. 2).
- 15. Smoky
- Make Classic Mash (No. 1); mix in 1/2 pound grated smoked gouda and 1/4 cup sliced scallions.
- 17. Crispy Garlic
- Fry 8 thinly sliced garlic cloves in 3 tablespoons olive oil until crisp; drain. Drizzle the oil into Classic Mash (No. 1) or Mediterranean Mash (No. 16); top with the fried garlic.
- 18. Golden Saffron
- Make Classic Mash (No. 1); add a pinch of saffron to the milk as it heats and steep 10 minutes. Garnish with smoked paprika.
- 22. Italian Cheese
- Make Classic Mash (No. 1); salt lightly. Add 1/2 cup each grated Parmesan and Romano cheese.
- 24. Chorizo
- Fry 1/2 pound crumbled chorizo until crisp; stir in 2 tablespoons paprika. Spoon, with drippings, over Classic Mash (No. 1); top with scallions.
- 29. Broccoli-Cheddar
- Boil 1 bunch broccoli florets until tender; drain. Add to Classic Mash (No. 1) with 1/2 pound grated cheddar.
- 30. Rosemary-Lemon
- Make Italian Cheese Mash (No. 22); top with 2 teaspoons minced rosemary mixed with the grated zest of 1 lemon.
- 31. Roasted Tomato
- Toss 1 pint grape tomatoes with olive oil and salt on a baking sheet; roast 20 to 30 minutes at 450 degrees, turning. Add to Classic Mash (No. 1).
- 32. Italian Sausage
- Saute 1/2 pound crumbled sweet Italian sausage until crisp. Make Classic Mash (No. 1). Stir in 1 cup Parmesan; top with the sausage.
- 36. Crispy Shallot
- Slowly cook 8 thinly sliced shallots in 3 tablespoons olive oil until crisp and golden; drain. Sprinkle over Classic Mash (No. 1) or Italian Cheese Mash (No. 22).
- 42. Sweet Potato
- Roast 2 pounds sweet potatoes at 400 degrees until tender, 1 hour. Halve, then scoop out flesh. Puree with 4 tablespoons butter; add salt.
- 45. Prosciutto
- Cook 1/2 cup diced prosciutto in olive oil until crisp, 6 minutes. Spoon over Sweet Potato Mash (No. 42).
Notesthese are the ones i like but there are many more on the website
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Pizzoccheri Alla Valtellinesi
Summer Focaccia Basil SaladSee More