- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- l lg sweet potato, peeled and cut in 1/2" cubes
- 6 oz. deep-fried tofu, in cubes
- 1 can (19 oz.) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup Massaman curry paste (recipe below)
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- Steam sweet potato cubes over boiling water 5-6 minutes.
- Cut the tofu into quarters, set aside with sweet potatoes.
- Skim thick cream from top of canned milk into soup pot, reserving the milk. Set pot over med-high heat, stir in curry paste bringing to a low boil, stirring constantly. Add sweet potato, tofu, reserved coconut milk, and stock. Cook 2 minutes, stirring often. Add peanuts and sugar, cook until dissolved. Add soy sauce, cook 30 seconds.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Serve with plenty of jasmine rice.
- This isn't the hottest of curries, but it is very complex and does have a nice slow burn. If you want really hot - try serving Sriracha alongside.
- Massaman Curry Paste
- For this you will need a food processor, and mortar and pestle or spice grinder (aka. coffee bean grinder). You might be able to skip the spice mill if you used powdered instead, but I am not sure what the conversion ratio would be.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More