- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- l lg sweet potato, peeled and cut in 1/2" cubes
- 6 oz. deep-fried tofu, in cubes
- 1 can (19 oz.) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup Massaman curry paste (recipe below)
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- Steam sweet potato cubes over boiling water 5-6 minutes.
- Cut the tofu into quarters, set aside with sweet potatoes.
- Skim thick cream from top of canned milk into soup pot, reserving the milk. Set pot over med-high heat, stir in curry paste bringing to a low boil, stirring constantly. Add sweet potato, tofu, reserved coconut milk, and stock. Cook 2 minutes, stirring often. Add peanuts and sugar, cook until dissolved. Add soy sauce, cook 30 seconds.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Serve with plenty of jasmine rice.
- This isn't the hottest of curries, but it is very complex and does have a nice slow burn. If you want really hot - try serving Sriracha alongside.
- Massaman Curry Paste
- For this you will need a food processor, and mortar and pestle or spice grinder (aka. coffee bean grinder). You might be able to skip the spice mill if you used powdered instead, but I am not sure what the conversion ratio would be.
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More