- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 1/4 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. ground cloves
- 1 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients in a large bowl, set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat sugar, shortening and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add pumpkin and mix well.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients in 3 additions, alternating with the milk and vanilla.
- Pour batter in to a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for about one hour or until it tests done.
NotesMatt starts asking for this recipe in August, saying, "Pumpkin season is around the corner!"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More