- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 10oz pkgs. frozen chopped spinach
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt & white pepper to taste
- Matzahs (enough to cover bottom of pan and filling)
- warm water
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Thaw and drain spinach well.
- In medium sized bowl, beat 1 egg well
- Add half mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup of grated cheese, and chopped spinach.
- Combine well.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Soak matzahs in shallow pan of warm water for about 3 minutes.
- Place matzahs between 2 towels to absorb excess water.
- Grease 9-inch square baking pan or pie plate.
- Heat the pan in preheated 350 oven.
- Carefully line bottom an sides of hot pan with the matzah.
- Spread spinach filling evenly over the matzah.
- Cover the filling with remaining matzah.
- In small bowl, beat the remaining 2 eggs.
- Add the remaining potatoes, cheese and oil.
- Blend well.
- Spread this over second layer of matzah.
- Score top with a fork.
- Bake for 1 hour or until top is lightly browned
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More