- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 10oz pkgs. frozen chopped spinach
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt & white pepper to taste
- Matzahs (enough to cover bottom of pan and filling)
- warm water
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Thaw and drain spinach well.
- In medium sized bowl, beat 1 egg well
- Add half mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup of grated cheese, and chopped spinach.
- Combine well.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Soak matzahs in shallow pan of warm water for about 3 minutes.
- Place matzahs between 2 towels to absorb excess water.
- Grease 9-inch square baking pan or pie plate.
- Heat the pan in preheated 350 oven.
- Carefully line bottom an sides of hot pan with the matzah.
- Spread spinach filling evenly over the matzah.
- Cover the filling with remaining matzah.
- In small bowl, beat the remaining 2 eggs.
- Add the remaining potatoes, cheese and oil.
- Blend well.
- Spread this over second layer of matzah.
- Score top with a fork.
- Bake for 1 hour or until top is lightly browned
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking for a Cure
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More