- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 matzohs
- 1/2 cup whole unblanched almonds
- 4 Tbl. Sugar
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2-3 Tbl. Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven and grease the pyrex.
- Break matzohs into small pieces and put in a medium bowl. Cover with boiling water and let stand 2 minutes. Drain matzohs and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- In a food processor, grind almonds with 2 Tbl. Sugar until fine. Add to bowl of matzoh.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks with cinnamon and 1 Tbl. Sugar until lightened. Stir in the matzoh mixture, the apples, and the oil.
- Beat egg whites until just stiff. Add 1Tbl. Of sugar and beat at high speed another 30 seconds or until glossy. Gently fold egg whites into matzoh mixture.
- Spoon mixture into greased dish. Bake in preheated oven about 40 minutes or until browned and firm. Serve hot or warm. Can be refrigerated and reheated at 300° F for about a 1/2 hour
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More