- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 matzohs
- 1/2 cup whole unblanched almonds
- 4 Tbl. Sugar
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2-3 Tbl. Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven and grease the pyrex.
- Break matzohs into small pieces and put in a medium bowl. Cover with boiling water and let stand 2 minutes. Drain matzohs and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- In a food processor, grind almonds with 2 Tbl. Sugar until fine. Add to bowl of matzoh.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks with cinnamon and 1 Tbl. Sugar until lightened. Stir in the matzoh mixture, the apples, and the oil.
- Beat egg whites until just stiff. Add 1Tbl. Of sugar and beat at high speed another 30 seconds or until glossy. Gently fold egg whites into matzoh mixture.
- Spoon mixture into greased dish. Bake in preheated oven about 40 minutes or until browned and firm. Serve hot or warm. Can be refrigerated and reheated at 300° F for about a 1/2 hour
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More