- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20
- Cooking spray
- All-purpose flour, for dusting pans
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup 1% milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CAKE: Heat oven to 350°F. Spray/grease cake pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Cream butter on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add honey and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add flour mixture to mixer alternately with milk, starting and ending with flour mixture, and mixing just until blended.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until top of cake springs back when lightly pressed. Cool cake in pan 15 minutes; unmold onto a rack and cool completely.
- FROSTING:Beat cream cheese, honey and vanilla until light and fluffy. Spread on cake.
Notes“I hope this softens you toward the world. I hope it brings you a tender feeling." -Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More