- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 squares bittersweet chocolate
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1/2 t. chili powder
- 1/2 t. cinnamon (traditionally canella is used)
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1/2 c. chopped almonds or hazlenuts (these are ground in the beverage for added "body")
- pinch of salt
- Melt butter and chocolate. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Stir until dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour into a greased, 8" pan.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 25-30 minutes.
NotesThere is a signifant difference between hot cocoa and hot chocolate. Mexican Hot Chocolate is full of flavor, without being a traditionally (by american standards) sweet treat. I modified a basic brownie recipe by "cross breeding" it with a traditional Mayan hot chocolate recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More