- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 1 Pound chicken, cooked and shredded
- * 1 Packet taco seasonings
- * 1 Can (16 ounces) refried beans
- * 8 Ounces sour cream
- * 1 Jar (16 ounces) salsa (your choice)
- * 12 Ounces Colby cheese, shredded
- * Black olives
- * Tomatoes, diced
- * Jalapenos, sliced
- * Chives, sliced
- * (Last 4 ingredients to taste)
- * Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the cooked and shredded chicken and stir it with the taco seasonings. Line the bottom of a baking pan with the spicy chicken.
- Cover the chicken with a layer of re-fried beans.
- Then spread a layer of the sour cream over the top of the beans.
- Pour a jar of your favorite salsa on top of the sour cream. You can choose your favorite salsa for this layer to make it as spicy or as mild as you want. You can also choose to use the entire jar or just a fraction of it.
- Cover the entire dish with your Colby cheese shreds and pop it in the oven for about 20 minutes. After it had a chance to heat up for 20 minutes then sprinkle the top with your olives, tomatoes, jalapenos, and chives. You can use any combination of these items or even throw on a few of your favorites that aren’t listed. Put this Mexican casserole back in the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese starts to bubble and then it’s ready to eat. Serve with tortilla chips and you’ve got a wonderful Cinco de Mayo appetizer or a complete meal.
NotesCinco de Mayo is literally the 5th of May but it is an important Mexican holiday as it commemorates the Mexican army’s victory over the French in 1862. This holiday has become an American favorite because it gives us a reason to enjoy the delightful tasty treats that are signatures of Mexican culture.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More