MAZAR & CORCOS' SEARED GROUPER WITH FREGOLA PASTA, CURED BLACK OLIVES AND HEIRLOOM TOMATOES
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4, 4-6 ounce filets wild striped bass skin on and pin bones removed.
- ½ cup olive oil cured black olives
- 2 garlic cloves chopped roughly
- 1/2 red heirloom tomato diced into 1/4 inch dice.
- 1/2 green heirloom tomato diced into 1/4 inch dice.
- 1 lb Fregola pasta
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Hot Pepper Flakes
- Flour for dusting (optional)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, cook the Fregola for about 9 minutes, 10 if you prefer a softer bite.
- Drain and place into a 2 qt bowl, sprinkle with olive oil, stir well and set aside.
- In a large on stick pan sauté the garlic on a medium-high flame, when golden add a sprinkle of hot pepper and toss around for a few seconds. Add to the pan olives and tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes while shaking gently the pan to mix all ingredients. Add the Fregola, mix well with the sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and set aside to cool a bit while you cook the fish; the Fregola is supposed to be served warm so timing will work just fine.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large non-stick pan, lightly dust the grouper fillets with flour and place in the hot pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook skin down first for about 3 minutes then flip and cook for an extra 2 minutes.
- Place the Fregola on the center of the plate and rest the fish fillet on top of it. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
NFPG Recipe Collection
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More