- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 egg yolks, hard-boiled
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Almond topping
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces blanched almonds, sliced
- Sift 2 cups flour and sugar together into a deep mixing bowl.
- Use a spoon to push the egg yolks through a fine sieve into
- the flour mixture; mix well.
- Add the almonds, vanilla, and cream to flour mixture; and
- beat in 1/2 lb of butter, a few tablespoons at a time.
- Knead with your hands until dough is smooth and can be formed
- into a compact ball.
- Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a large cookie sheet with the remaining tablespoon of
- butter; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of flour, tipping
- from side to side to cover completely and evenly.
- Turn the sheet upside down and tap on the bottom to shake off
- any excess flour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to 1/4" thin and
- place on buttered cookie sheet, using fingers to spread dough
- so it completely covers the bottom of the pan.
- Brush entire surface with egg, then sprinkle evenly with sliced
- almonds, gently pressing
- them into the dough.
- Bake until pastry is golden brown (20-25 minutes).
- Remove from oven, and with a lightly buttered knife, cut into
- 2"x1" bars.
- Carefully transfer to a wire rack and let cool to room temperature.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wifeSee More
Baked Avocado Brunch
Japanese Carrot Ginger Dressing
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage CasseroleSee More