- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3-4 lb leg of lamb - cubed (about 1 to 1 1/2")
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3 Carrots, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 Parsnips, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 celery stalk, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 white turnips, peeled and quartered
- 4 cups organic low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp cream of tartar (as a thickener)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium heat, brown lamb and garlic in oil in a large pot.
- Add broth; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove surface fat.
- Add vegetables; simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add cream of tartar and stir until smooth.
- If the simmering stew does not thicken to desired consistency, add a little bit more.
- Add herbs and seasonings and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
NotesOkay, I came up with this myself based on a traditional Irish recipe, but being from the McCloy clan of Northern Ireland, I figure I have the right to add my clan name to it. This makes a huge amount of food. Make sure to have plenty of folks visiting when you prepare this.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014See More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More