- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryOkay, I came up with this myself based on a traditional Irish recipe, but being from the McCloy clan of Northern Ireland, I figure I have the right to add my clan name to it. This makes a huge amount of food. Make sure to have plenty of folks visiting when you prepare this.
- 3-4 lb leg of lamb - cubed (about 1 to 1 1/2")
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3 Carrots, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 Parsnips, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 celery stalk, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 white turnips, peeled and quartered
- 4 cups organic low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp cream of tartar (as a thickener)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium heat, brown lamb and garlic in oil in a large pot.
- Add broth; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove surface fat.
- Add vegetables; simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add cream of tartar and stir until smooth.
- If the simmering stew does not thicken to desired consistency, add a little bit more.
- Add herbs and seasonings and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
Great Everyday Meals
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More