- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 navel orange, scrubbed and cut into 8 pieces
- 2 apples, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- 3/4 to 1 cup natural sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Wash the cranberries and remove any stems, bad cranberries, or inedible stuff you find.
- Put half of the cranberries, orange (unpeeled), and apple into the food processor and pulse to chop coarsely.
- Some larger pieces are okay, but nothing big enough to choke on.
- Pour into a bowl and process the other half of the fruit.
- Put it into a bowl, add the sugar to taste, and mix in the pecans.
- Refrigerate it for a day or two to allow the flavors to develop
NotesA very good way to serve the cranberry dish for you big dinner. From my husband's family recipes.