- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups kellogg's corn flakes
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 pound lean ground beef(or turkey)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups well-seasoned mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place corn flakes in a resealable plastic bag,and crush to a fine crumb.
- Open the bag and measure the crumbs; you should have 1 cup.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of the crumbs and set aside the remaining 1/2 cup.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the crumbs with the milk and mustard in a medium bowl.
- When blended, mix in the beef.
- When well combined, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently press the meat mixture into a 9-inch pie pan, pressing to evenly cover the bottom and sides.
- Set aside.
- Combine the potatoes, onion, and parsley in a medium bowl.
- Work in the eggs, mixing until very well blended.
- Transfer the potato mixture to the meat-lined pie pan, spreading it evenly with a spatula.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- While the pie is baking, combine the remaining 1/2 cup crumbs with the olive oil to make a crumbly mixture.
- Remove the pie from the oven.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and then top with the cereal crumble.
- Return the pie to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven, cut into wedges, and serve.
NotesThis is sooooo good!!!
Lau Family Recipes
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More