- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups kellogg's corn flakes
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 pound lean ground beef(or turkey)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups well-seasoned mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place corn flakes in a resealable plastic bag,and crush to a fine crumb.
- Open the bag and measure the crumbs; you should have 1 cup.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of the crumbs and set aside the remaining 1/2 cup.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the crumbs with the milk and mustard in a medium bowl.
- When blended, mix in the beef.
- When well combined, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently press the meat mixture into a 9-inch pie pan, pressing to evenly cover the bottom and sides.
- Set aside.
- Combine the potatoes, onion, and parsley in a medium bowl.
- Work in the eggs, mixing until very well blended.
- Transfer the potato mixture to the meat-lined pie pan, spreading it evenly with a spatula.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- While the pie is baking, combine the remaining 1/2 cup crumbs with the olive oil to make a crumbly mixture.
- Remove the pie from the oven.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and then top with the cereal crumble.
- Return the pie to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven, cut into wedges, and serve.
NotesThis is sooooo good!!!
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes
Grandma's Thin PancakesSee More