- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Meat Dressing (for about a 14 pound turkey)
- If this dressing does not all fit into the cavity or breast/neck area put the balance in a casserole dish for about an hour beside the turkey.
- Turkey giblets (heart, liver, gizzard and the neck-boil these ahead of time in water to cover and when cool cut up into small pieces, save liquid to add to drippings from the bird for the gravy)
- 3 lbs. of grd. beef or a mix of beef and pork
- 3 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 cups dried bread crumbs
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4 minced cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 tsp. sage
- 2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Mix all together.
- Fill cavity of bird and if the bird is not large enough to hold it all then some can go into the neck/breast area under the skin.
- If there are still leftovers place in a casserole dish beside the turkey for one hour.
- **If stuffing a chicken for roasting reduce this to 1/3
NotesWhenever my kids are home and I cook a bird they insist I make this stuffing/dressing. They prefer this one to any other. It is my own recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More